MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Friday July 30, 2021
< 2005Jump to navigationJump to search
- Police in Pakistan have detained about 200 suspected Islamist extremists in a series of raids on religious schools, mosques and other properties. (BBC)
- In mainland China, authorities evacuate more than a million people from Fujian and Zhejiang provinces due to Typhoon Haitang. In Taiwan, death toll rises to 7 with one missing and 31 injured. The typhoon also causes significant agricultural damage (People's Daily) (Xinhua) (Taipei Times) (Channel News Asia)]
- Government of Thailand changes the new emergency laws, weakening two articles that would have, among other things, enforced curfews and censorship of personal communication.
- Saudi Arabian long-time ambassador to USA, prince Bandar bin Sultan, resigns for "personal reasons" (New York Times) (Bloomberg)
- In Yemen, 8-13 people die during demonstrations against oil price increases (MENAFN)
- Indonesian government confims first deaths connected to bird flu (Reuters)
- In China, coal mine explosion in Shaanxi province kills 24-26 (Xinhua) (China Daily) (Reuters)
- In Brazil, Delubio Soares, former treasurer for the ruling Worker's Party, admits in a parliamentary hearing that the party did not declare contributions worth $17 million (Bloomberg) (BBC)
- Indian Army announces that it has unveiled a scam where contractors responsible for transportation of fuel to depots of its Northern Command had sold off the fuel and filled the tanks with water (Times of India) (NDTV)
- James Doohan, the actor best known for playing Scotty on Star Trek: The Original Series and the first seven Star Trek films, dies at his home in Redmond, Washington.