Hi Remi, welcome to MyWikiBiz. We're happy that you've taken the steps to become a member of our site. MyWikiBiz is a directory where any person, any company, any product, or any thing can author their own legacy. We seek to provide the space for 265 million entities. Our registered editors like you have generated over 60,000 pages so far -- help keep that number growing with an article about yourself, your business, your industry, your favorite product, hobby, or organization. Since 2008, MyWikiBiz.com has served up over 1 million page views. Get started authoring your legacy today!
- You may write as an opinionated advocate in the Directory -- neutral view is not required. You can sell products, promote videos, upload documents, even host your own Google AdSense ads. This auto-fill form will guide you through creating a very basic directory listing right now.
- Because MyWikiBiz supports Semantic Web technology, search engine results are highly optimized. Internal searches can also be performed that wouldn't be possible on Google, MySpace, or Wikipedia.
If you would like a daily e-mail notice of what has been created or updated on MyWikiBiz.com, just complete this form. <embed>
<form style="border:1px solid #ccc;padding:3px;text-align:center;" action="http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverify" method="post" target="popupwindow" onsubmit="window.open('http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=2001427', 'popupwindow', 'scrollbars=yes,width=550,height=520');return true">
Enter your email address:
<input type="text" style="width:140px" name="email"/>
<input type="hidden" value="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~e?ffid=2001427" name="url"/><input type="hidden" value="MyWikiBiz" name="title"/><input type="hidden" name="loc" value="en_US"/><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" />
Delivered by <a href="http://www.feedburner.com" target="_blank">FeedBurner</a>
A note about your recent edits...
I'm glad to see you "grabbing" various Directory topics. Though, I just want you to be aware of our "policy" on this, as it is somewhat buried on this site:
- In Directory and User space, users who actually are legally responsible for the topic of their space (the topic is their self or their enterprise, etc.) are allowed to place as many Google AdSense ads within that space as Google allows.
- On the other hand, users who have merely "grabbed" a Directory entity that they are not responsible for legally, are advised to build out such Directory space with legitimate, useful content -- otherwise, nobody's going to visit that Directory page or spend any time on it. Failure to create content would only retard the Google advertising opportunity, anyway. In light of fostering quality on MyWikiBiz, the site owner may cap any single user's ability to "grab" undeveloped Directory space at 100 pages. For example, after claiming 100 Directory pages, a user must demonstrate that they have adequately built out at least 50% of them with meaningful, useful content before claiming another 100. Otherwise, the user may be blocked and all of their Directory space is subject to return to the open market. Remember to be mindful of the GNU Free Documentation License when copying text from a site like Wikipedia into MyWikiBiz or any other GFDL-observing site.
- The incentive of the Google AdSense revenue is intended to be a very simple and catchy "hook" to bring in good editors who want to make money doing the thing they love to do. Google advertising revenue is not intended to be an "end game" for users, but rather a pleasant reward for building good content within MyWikiBiz. Of course, all users who have grabbed Directory space and are "squatting" on it need to remember -- they are merely "occupying" those Directory pages until the day the actual owner contacts MyWikiBiz's management. At that moment, a sysop will transfer access privileges to the rightful owner, which will lock out the previous user's access rights.
I hope that this is not taken as "threatening" you with sanctions. Not at all. I want to see you get the most possible traffic and revenue out of your MyWikiBiz pages. Good luck! -- MyWikiBiz 05:51, 8 October 2008 (PDT)