Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Past discussions are archived here:
- Archive 1 (Oct 2006 - Mar 2007)
- Archive 2 (Mar 2007 - May 2007)
- Archive 3 (June 2007 - June 2008)
- Archive 4 (July 2008 - January 2009)
- Archive 5 (January 2009 - December 2009)
- Archive 6 (February 2010 - April 2016)
Do you think there's any chance you'll be updating the math parser, whatever it is, any time soon? I'd like to keep MyWikiBiz as my main work wiki and I've been trying to fix all the problems with MathJax or whatever it is, but it just doesn't look doable anymore. Here's how one of my math sections looks on three different wikis:
Aside from the overall readability issues, there's problems with underlining and failure to distinguish serif and sans serif characters that I use for a critical math distinction.
- Frankly, there is zero chance that I would personally update the math parser, because I'm not technically inclined. The last time we had a major overhaul to the platform was in 2014. That took an outside contractor to execute, and the cost was around $900. I am just guessing that a math parser update would potentially set off a domino effect of requiring an update to the Mediawiki root platform, and thus I could be "in" for another $1,000-ish cost. Your most popular page, Logical graph, got 62 hits from around the globe in the past month. For 2 hits a day, I really can't justify the potential budget outlay. Is there any way you would commit to splitting the cost and working with me to find an appropriate contractor? - MyWikiBiz (talk) 16:50, 5 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hey bro what's hangin? No, I still read it regularly and talk with numerous members at great length! MyWikiBiz (talk) 14:52, 3 February 2018 (UTC)