A musician is a person who performs or writes music. Musicians can be classified by their roles in creating or performing music:
- An instrumentalist plays a musical instrument.
- A singer (or vocalist) uses his or her voice as an instrument.
- Composers, songwriters and arrangers create musical compositions, songs and arrangements. These may be transcribed in music notation, performed or recorded.
- A conductor leads a musical ensemble. A conductor can simultaneously act as an instrumentalist in the ensemble.
- A recording artist creates recorded music, such as CDs and MP3 files.
Types of musicians
ConductorTemplate:· leaderTemplate:· PercussionistTemplate:· Recorder playerTemplate:· SaxophonistTemplate:· Sawist (musical saw player)Template:· SitaristTemplate:· TrombonistTemplate:· Trumpeter (also Trumpet player)Template:· Tubist (Tuba player)Template:· Uillean piperTemplate:· ViolinistTemplate:· Violist
There are 4 types of families for the Orchestra. They are Brass, Woodwind, Strings and Percussion.