Directory Space is a protected MyWikiBiz custom namespace that supports advocate point of view (APOV) for "user-owned" pages. Directory pages are not typically intended to be modified by the community of MyWikiBiz editors; rather, they are almost always the work of just one author.
MyWikiBiz uses an entity (person [legal organization or individual], place, or thing) concept to determine placement of articles. The basic rule-of-thumb to determine whether an article should be listed under the Directory Space or be placed within Main Space is: "Would the entity have legal standing in a court of law"?
If the answer is yes as to whether an entity could bring a cause of action as a plaintiff, or respond to a complaint as a defendant, then it should almost always be listed under the Directory Space. Examples:
- Commercial Enterprise - International Business Machines, Van Doren Oil
- Non-Profit Organization - Wikimedia Foundation, Church of the Loving Shepherd
- Government/Agency - City of Huntington Beach
- Person (Living/Deceased) - Liz Cohen, Carl Sagan (estate of)
- Property - Disney/Mickey Mouse
- Central Index Key
- North America Industry Classification System
- Sir Isaac Newton
- Wealth of Nations
Experienced wiki editors may also wish to use Directory Space as a personal publishing area for content not related to a legal entity, but for which they will take responsibility, without interference from other editors. Some examples of where this has been done on MyWikiBiz:
- Recipe collection - KJ Kitchens
- Theater of public domain films - Minks Theater Presents
- Repository of philosophy texts - Logic Museum
Public discussions between editors regarding Directory listing entries should take place in the respective discussion namespaces. For example, to discuss corporate governance issues respective to an entity; compare mutual fund performance; debate the merits of intellectual property ; consumer complaints about a company; etc., can be presented by editors, simply by going to the "Discussion" tab of any Directory listing.