Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
|Founder||Maryam Rofougaran, Reza Rofougaran|
|Headquarters||Newport Beach, California, U.S.|
|Industry||Telecommunications (5G), Wireless|
|Products||BeamX 28, BeamX 39|
7555 Irvine Center Drive, Suite 100
Movandi is an American telecommunications company based in Newport Beach, California. It was founded by Maryam Rofougaran and Reza Rofougaran. The company specializes in 5G high frequency and millimeter wave networks by providing scalable, integrated RF, antenna technology and systems. Movandi provides technology to carriers, handset providers, wired and wireless companies, and is embedded in semiconductor chips and systems.
In 2018, Movandi announced an optimized RF front-end (RFFE) module for millimeter-wave bands and said that it is working on a mmWave front end for handsets. In the same year, Qualcomm, unveiled the 5G NR millimeter wave (mmWave) and sub-6 GHz RF modules. Movandi also announced a device to optimize 5G links across many use cases.
In February 2019, Movandi announced the improvement of the coverage of high-band millimeter wave (mmWave) 5G by introducing its BeamXR repeater later this year. The BeamXR repeater offers large-scale 5G coverage with few base stations. 5G hardware can be installed by using BeamXR. Movandi has also built a 28GHz box with 39GHz box that is currently in development.
Movandi has 40 patents designed as a complete system combining the entire front-end and antenna system rather than a mix and match of individual components. It develops RF CMOS across cellular, microwave backhaul, wi-fi, Bluetooth, GPS/GNSS, NFC, Femto cell, and other standards including the integration of multiple standards into a single chip.
- ^ a b "5G Startup Aims to Beat Intel, Q’comm".
- ^ a b "The top 5 technology innovators".
- ^ "Qualcomm, Startup Roll 5G Silicon".
- ^ a b "These Startups Want to Reshape 5G Devices, Disease Treatment, Startup Credit and the Power Grid", The Information, Feb 11, 2018.
- ^ "Movandi’s BeamXR offers large-scale 5G coverage with few base stations", 2019-02-19. (en-US)
- ^ "Movandi to Extend 5G mmWave Coverage". (en)
- ^ a b "Keysight and millimetre-wave start-up address 5G test challenges", Electronics Weekly, 2018-02-09. (en-GB)
- ^ a b "Movandi, Keysight Collaborate to Advance mmWave Technology, Test Capabilities". (en)
- ^ "Movandi optimizes mmWave 5G front ends".
- ^ "Movandi Works with Keysight to Advance Testing for mmWave 5G Technology".
- ^ Channing, Ian. "Movandi Unveils 5G RF Front-End Millimeter Wave Solutions", Developing Telecoms, 2018-02-23. (en-GB)
- ^ "Startup Makes 5G its Priority", Microwaves & Radio Frequency, 2018-03-14.
- ^ Lim, Chang-won. "KT claims to be 'industry-first' in developing open 5G beamforming base station in 28GHz band", October 17, 2019.