Help talk:Entertainment Annotation
MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Saturday September 18, 2021Jump to navigationJump to search
OK, I'm ready to hear your comments, questions, observations, etc. Snerfling 13:23, 15 February 2007 (PST)
- Because of my other work that I'm trying to pull together, I'm not sure I'm going to weigh in on this particular discussion. HOWEVER, I want to clap and clap for joy to see that this has been laid out for "Entertainment" (really, it's "Film", right?), because I think it is a great precedent for us to do the exact same damn thing with about 15 other "sectors" of human discourse -- "Politics", "Personal", "Geography", "Religion", "Mathematics", "Music", "Visual Arts", etc.
- I have been having some concerns that in our eagerness to make Centiare grow, we've been tripping over ourselves with creating of semantic annotations without full thought or discussion, which was leading to many being changed and revamped after the fact. I feel the more we can slow down and look at these areas, discuss, and get some expert input -- BEFORE we grow -- the more thankful we will be in the long run. --Gkohs 13:56, 15 February 2007 (PST)
- The current list is fine with me. I'll hold off with sem tagging my film articles until the dust has settled but go for it. I like greg's idea of the 15 sectors. Can we put all of the sem tags relating with entertainment under one master tag or would that be redundant? Also I want to create subsections of minks theater presents by creating category:horror film, science fiction. Would that be kosher? Garrett 14:07, 15 February 2007 (PST)
- Categories are great. They are one of three critical semantic annotations (attributes, categories & relations = ACR). You can see how they are used at KJ Kitchens where recipes are categorized into soups, Chinese, etc. You can also see how categories are used in State Located In to differentiate between counties, districts, associations, etc - all of which are located in a state.
- I'll go ahead and set up the film tags. Hopefully this will help establish a standard process. Perhaps at some other time we can create separate project pages for other sections eg business, personal, political, etc. Snerfling 17:43, 15 February 2007 (PST)