MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Wednesday November 29, 2023Jump to navigationJump to search
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Chris Dorner Body Not Yet Identified (MAJOR UPDATE)
</a>Huffington PostIn this image taken from video provided by KABC-TV, the cabin in Big Bear, Calif. where ex-Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner is believed to be barricaded inside is in flames Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013. (AP Photo/KABC-TV) MANDATORY CREDIT: ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Christopher Dorner manhunt ends at burned-out cabin – as it happened
</a>The GuardianWe're wrapping up our live blog coverage of this story now, with the news that Christopher Dorner is believed to have died in the cabin where he was holed up. Fire broke out after a shooutout with police. Authorities have been unable to confirm Dorner ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">State of the Union analysis: Obama challenges Republicans to do more than just ...
</a>Chicago TribuneMany of the economic plans he presented in his State of the Union address were familiar to listeners as proposals that Republicans have blocked before, including new investment in modernizing infrastructure, boosting manufacturing, creating ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">House Republicans pan State of the Union
</a>CBS NewsCongressional Republicans weren't very impressed by President Obama's State of the Union address; for his part, the president didn't hide his suggestion that it's Republicans who are resistant to compromise, leading some Republicans to jab the ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Kate Upton says body shut down after Antarctic bikini shoot
</a>Reuters(Reuters) - Swimsuit model Kate Upton said on Tuesday her body shut down after she posed in a skimpy bikini in Antarctica for Sports Illustrated magazine. Upton, wearing only a white bikini bottom and an unzipped white parka, was picked as the cover ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Kate Upton
</a>The Detroit NewsSports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover model Kate Upton appeared on the "Late Show With David Letterman" on Tuesday night in New York, though without the fanfare of last year's appearance. Letterman was supposed to reveal Upton as the cover model on ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">'Storage Wars' Mark Balelo -- Compared Himself to Russell Armstrong Before ...
</a>TMZ.comExclusive. 0211-mark-balelo-russell-armstrong-facebook-tmz. The night before "Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo took his own life ... he compared himself to another reality star who killed himself -- "Real Housewives" star Russell Armstrong ... TMZ has ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Mark Balelo Suicide: 'Storage Wars' Star's Death Declared A Suicide
</a>Huffington PostSIMI VALLEY, Calif. -- Authorities say the death of a businessman featured on A&E's "Storage Wars" has been declared a suicide. The Ventura County medical examiner's office determined Mark Balelo died after inhaling carbon monoxide and car exhaust ...
" alt="" />Image Not Available
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Ash Wednesday marks pope's last major event
</a>USA TODAYOn Ash Wednesday, Pope Benedict XVI will do as he has since 2006 — distribute ashes to the faithful as Lent begins. But this will be the last major liturgical event of his time as Vicar of Christ, and by the end of these days of devotion, a different ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Pope Benedict's final Ash Wednesday mass
</a>WGNtv.comPope Benedict XVI celebrated his final Ash Wednesday mass, and possibly his last public mass this morning. It was the Pope's first public appearance since Monday's stunning announcement that he will retire at the end of the month rather than serve ...
" alt="" />Image Not Available
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Manhunt's apparent fiery end leaves a mountain community stunned
</a>Los Angeles TimesThe apparent conclusion to a massive manhunt for the former Los Angeles police officer wanted in a series of killings played out on televisions across the country Tuesday. But for those living near the wooden cabin — those who heard the sirens and saw ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">The First SOTU on Paczki Day
</a>NBC Chicago (blog)Going all the way back to George Washington, this will be the first State of the Union delivered on Paczki Day. Is it any coincidence this is happening now that we finally have a president from Chicago, where Paczki Day is observed more avidly than any ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">At Fragapane Bakery in North Olmsted, Paczki Day starts early
</a>Plain DealerPaczki (pronounced poonch-key) are delicious deep fried dough that is shaped into a sphere and flattened, then filled with fruit jellies, custards or cremes. Paczki are made from rich dough containing eggs, sugar and milk. They can be glazed, or ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Ted Nugent Is Not Amused
</a>Slate MagazineAs reporters found their seats in the House press gallery, they shared a question: Where was Ted Nugent? The 64-year old rock star, who last cracked the charts with 1980's “Wango Tango,” had been invited to the State of the Union as a guest of Texas Rep.
<a href="http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/02/13/nugent-on-speech-a-predictable-flowery-script/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Nugent on Speech: A 'Predictable Flowery Script'</a>Wall Street Journal (blog)WASHINGTON — Ted Nugent, the rock star and gun-rights advocate, stuck to his promise to remain respectful as U.S. President Barack Obam
February 12 in history:
- 1554, Lady Jane Grey, who'd claimed the throne of England for nine days, and her husband, Guildford Dudley, were beheaded after being condemned for high treason
- 1818, Chile officially proclaimed its independence, more than seven years after initially renouncing Spanish rule
- 1908, the first round-the-world automobile race began in New York. (It ended in Paris the following July with the drivers of the American car, a Thomas Flyer, declared the winners over teams from Germany and Italy.)
- 1912, Pu Yi, the last emperor of China, abdicated, marking the end of the Qing Dynasty
- 1915, the cornerstone for the Lincoln Memorial was laid in Washington D.C.
- 1940, the radio play "The Adventures of Superman" debuted with Bud Collyer as the Man of Steel
- 1973, Operation Homecoming began as the first release of American prisoners of war from the Vietnam conflict took place
- 1997, the highest-ranking official to flee communist North Korea, Hwang Jang Yop, asked for political asylum at South Korea's consulate in Beijing.
- 1997, The Clinton administration gave permission to 10 U.S. news organizations to open bureaus in Cuba
- 1998, a federal judge threw out President Clinton's new line-item veto authority
- 1999, the Senate acquitted President Clinton of perjury and obstruction of justice
- 2002, former Enron chairman Kenneth Lay expressed "profound sadness" about the collapse of the energy giant, but refused to testify at a Senate hearing.
- 2002, Former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic went on trial in The Hague, accused of war crimes.
- 2002, Pakistan charged three men in connection with the kidnapping of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in Karachi (they and a fourth man were later convicted of Pearl's murder).
- 2003, the U.N. nuclear agency declared North Korea in violation of international treaties, sending the dispute to the Security Council. India conducted its fourth missile test of 2003, firing a supersonic cruise missile capable of hitting major cities in Pakistan
- 2006, a record 26.9 inches of snow fell in New York's Central Park