|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Cloud Computing, Platform as a Service|
|Products||SaaS Complex Business Applications|
WorkXpress is a visual language cloud based application development environment and systems administration Platform as a Service based in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. The company, under the previous corporate name Express Dynamics, earned the Fab 5 award in 2006, which was presented by the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC. The Fab 5 was a competition to find the "Top 5" companies in the region who had been in business two to five years and were headquartered in Cumberland, Dauphin or Perry counties Pennsylvania.
The cloud computing infrastructure offered by the company enables users to design and deliver customized SaaS applications without writing technical code. WorkXpress utilizes WYSIWYG visual tools in the form of 5 building blocks and 5 tools  that enable non-code programmers the ability to define data models and application logic.
Use of WorkXpress' visual query tool  and expression builder , two of the aforementioned 5 tools, provide WorkXpress a visual data map or "query" builder and allow for complex data driven content without writing technical code.
WorkXpress has been independently labeled as a business user platform. This designation relates to its purpose as an application development platform that does not require traditional code based programming.
Between December 2008 and August 2009, WorkXpress was chosen to be part of the Student Productization Center's Collaboration effort with Millersville University. Through it, WorkXpress supports Millersville students in learning.
WorkXpress is a visual software language Platform as a Service that enables non-programmers to create customized business applications, SQL database reporting, and handle information technology systems administration tasks.
- ^ Who's Who in Application Platforms for Cloud Computing: The Cloud Specialists by Gartner
- ^ Thrifty business - Technology can help companies save cash - Central Penn Business Journal by Jim Ryan
- ^ WorkXpress builds platform for growth - Central Penn Business Journal by Jim Ryan
- ^ The Purpose Driven Cloud: Part 1 Usability by Geva Perry - Thinking Out Cloud Blog - August 17, 2009
- ^ Tier1 Research Summary - by Jason Verge - July 16, 2009
- ^ Intel Business Exchange
- ^ WorkXpress Systems Administration
- ^ $115,000 in Products and Services awarded to winners of the Start Me Up competition - April 20, 2006
- ^ WorkXpress 5 Building Blocks
- ^ WorkXpress Tools
- ^ a b Making PaaS Like Lego - by Ben Kepes - CloudAve.com - July 29 2009
- ^ WorkXpress Data Navigator
- ^ WorkXpress Expression Builder
- ^ Report from Silicon Pasture - by John Caddell - March 27, 2009
- ^ Peter Laird's Cloud Taxonomy - Peter Laird Blog - May 19, 2009
- ^ A Market Landscape/Taxonomy/Segmentation Model for Cloud Computing
- ^ University program helps launch tech firms by Paula Holzman
- ^ Millersville University Software Productization Center - August 2009
- ^ TechQuest TV
- ^ Cool companies, WorkXpress and Webpage FX
- ^ First Look WorkXpress by James Taylor
- ^ Treff LaPlante interviewed on cloud computing and security
- ^ Systems Administration