Thomas Zeumer with Jana Mashone & Kerstin Lechner
|Residence||Template:Country data US [[City:=New York|New York]], [[State_Name:=New York|New York]], [[Country_Name:=United States|USA]], Template:Country data Germany [[City:=Munich|Munich]], [[Country_Name:=Germany|Germany]]|
|Born||[[Birth Date:=1960|1960]] |
Template:Country data Germany [[City:=Hamburg|Hamburg]], [[Country_Name:=Germany|Germany]]
|Known for||For developing supermodels Heidi Klum, Claudia Schiffer, and Eva Herzigova.|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Arts, Entertainment, Business (naics: 71 & naics: 55)|
|Contact||info (at) thomaszeumer.comURIs of the form "info (at) thomaszeumer.com" are not allowed.
Thomas Zeumer is a succesful entrepreneur, notable veteran of the fashion model industry, and former president and CEO of the renowned modeling agency Metropolitan Models . He is best known for developing supermodels Heidi Klum   , Claudia Schiffer  , and Eva Herzigova, all of whom were at one time under contract with Metropolitan models.
Thomas Zeumer was born in Hamburg, Germany. After receiving his Abitur, he then attended and graduated from the "Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture". In the early eighties, he came to New York to expand and broaden his education.
Thomas Zeumer was appointed Vice President of Sales at Revillon Freres. There he had the opportunity to work closely with the world’s most famous designers such as Givenchy and Valentino and many others. He promoted Egon von Fuerstenberg and Joop! lines as well as licensing their labels, which were sold directly from the showroom to many upscale clients. One year later he joined the famous Gilles Mendel Haute Fourrure and Couture store (at Elizabeth Arden on 5th Avenue, New York) as a national consultant and one of the world’s foremost specialists in the finest and most expensive fur coats. Thomas succeeded in selling products totaling in the millions of dollars. He organized numerous fashion shows at the major Elizabeth Arden stores throughout the USA. Zeumer handpicked the models for the shows observing with fascination the magnetism of beauty and glamour which came with it.
Metropolitan New York
Shortly thereafter he started a modeling agency in New York City. Realizing immediately that in order to find, build, and manage stars, he needed to have international alliances, in 1989 he forged his first partnership with Metropolitan Paris and Metropolitan New York was born. His ability to spot raw talent, manage careers and create supermodels propelled his agency to one of the most lucrative and famous in the world. For almost 10 years he managed Claudia Schiffer, and handpicked Heidi Klum from the Metropolitan Top Model contest on Thomas Gottschalk’s show along with many other models such as Eva Herzigova, all of whom flourished from Zeumer’s management of Metropolitan New York. Among the many others who became successful in their careers are Connie Nielsen , Monica Potter, January Jones, Randy Ingerman, Ines Rivero, Frankie Rayder , Daniela Urzi , Viola Haqui, and Margaux Hemingway.
Thomas Zeumer recognized that professional athletes have unique promotional needs. Metropolitan Sports worked with star athletes such as Steffi Graf (featured in a spread in Vogue photographed by Patrick Demarchelier), Shannon Briggs: Boxing World Champion, Jason Williams, Steve Nash and numerous more, developing their images and public profiles.
As one of the creators of corporate branding collaboration, he closed major endorsement, through his company Metropolitan, deals with major fashion labels and fortune 500 corporations such as Revlon, Coca Cola, Sarah Lee, Wonderbra, Victoria’s Secret, Chanel, Valentino, Procter and Gamble, L’Oreal, Guess?, Karl Lagerfeld, Mango, H&M, Versace, Jil Sander, Dolce & Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, Otto Versand, and many others. Zeumer managed to put his stars on every major fashion publication in the world from Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Elle, Vanity Fair, Cosmopolitan, People Magazine, Rolling Stone, and Time Magazine and countless others.
By early 2000, Thomas understood that by taking the dynamics, visions and creativity he had developed with Metropolitan New York to a growing global European market there was huge growth potentials. Launching the star-studded opening of Metropolitan Germany, in Munich and Berlin, Thomas attended with Nicole Kidman as guest of honor triggered many years of his continuing success in the global markets.
One of the most interesting collaborations was to represent Lybia's Football Federation for the Soccer World Cup 2010 and Al-Saadi Qaddafi Muammar Al-Gaddafi's son. Observing and participating in such a fascinating arena and culture was one of the highlights of the many milestones Thomas Zeumer has achieved so far. This lead to the founding of World Navigator Entertainment, together with Al-Saadi Gaddafi as a partner for the purpose of enhancing Lybia's world image and positive production of movies. Of the many productions, Thomas organized a series of special image producing events, such as the Libyan Nights at the Venice Film festival featuring 50 Cent and his G Unit, the Gypsy Kings, among others.
Television and On-Line Media
Thomas has recently finished writing a book titled "Supermodels Undressed" which chronicles the rise of supermodels under his management, and also wrote "Claudia, Heidi und Ich" published in 2005. Zeumer has appeared in many TV shows and countless press articles. He lives in New York and Munich, presently launching a social networking website called tomZworld.com, a model academy and is preparing a pilot for his TV Series ‘ Beauty Hunter’.
- Thomas Zeumer's official website
- Claudia Schiffer's official website
- Heidi Klum's official website
- Eva Herzigova's official website
- ^ a b September/October 1996, "When Professional Boxing Figures Enter the Modeling Arena. Beauty Gets KO'ED" Top Model Magazine, page 43
- ^ Richard Johnson, Jeane MacIntosh, Kate Cayne, "Model Music", The New York Post, November 1998, page six
- ^ a b Kimberly Hoppe "Zauberhaft: Nicole Kidman Von LA Nach Munchen- Hollywood Star Kam Ins Lebach Zu 'Metropolitan Models' ", December 2003, Abendzeitung Leute>
- ^ a b The Thomas Gottschalk Show, video clip Thomas Zeumer- representing Metropolitan Models- awarding Heidi Klum, winner the Metropolitan Top Model Contest
- ^ a b c d e f Michael Graeter, "Amerikas Superstar "50 Cent" bei Saadi Gaddafi", www.michaelgrater.de April 2009, date retrieved April 18, 2009
- ^ a b "Heidi Klum" official website Retrieved on April 18, 2009. "More about "Model 92": More than 25,000 girls had sent their measurements, details and photos to the model contest. 45 of us were selected and presented on the show Gottschalk (RTL) by Germany's most famous TV host, Thomas Gottschalk. The audience chose me as the 'winner of the week' on April 15, 1992. One week later, I became the 'winner of the month.' The final competition took place on April 29. At that final stage, the judging panel was composed of fashion experts and celebrities, and their votes let me win the contest! My reward was a modeling contract, running over three years and guaranteeing a minimum sum of $300,000 dollars."
- ^ "Was Braught Ein Top-Model Zum Erfolg?" May 1992, Petra Magazine
- ^ Nick Vivarelli, "Inside Move: Dictator's son turns dealmaker" Variety Magazine Sunday Oct. 17, 2004, link to on-line article
- ^ The New York Times "Sure, but Will It Play in Tripoli?", The New York Times, October 24, 2004, Business Section, link to article online
- ^ Thomas Zeumer, "Claudia, Heidi und Ich" July 31, 2005, Wunderlich Verlag, Germany ISBN-10 3805208014, link to cover art at amazon
- ^ The New York Post, April 10, 2009, "We Hear", The New York Post, Page Six