Template:Infobox Software BS.Player made by the Slovenian software company Webteh is a media player for Windows OS, that plays back several types of multimedia files (including AVI, MPEG, Ogg, Matroska, ASF, QuickTime, MP4, WAV, mp3...) and specializes in video and audio playback.
BS.Player, like most media players, requires that the correct codecs and splitters are installed beforehand to play back formats that are not supported by default. After the first installation, it will check for installed codecs and prompt user to install any codecs required.
It comes in two versions: FREE and PRO.
Beginning with version 1.38, the free version of BS.Player was bundled with an adware package called WhenU by the authors in an effort to pay the development costs. In September 2007, WhenU Save adware program was exchanged with MeMedia AdVantage (http://memedia.com/). In August 2008 all bundled adware was completely removed from BS.Player FREE and BS.Player ControlBar (toolbar) was added. The BS.Player 2.30 FREE version (and later) will work even if the user removes BS.ControlBar completely or does not install it at all. With version 2.4 and later, BS.Player includes BS.ControlBar powered by Conduit and Google(tm) search.
- Display subtitles – Supports custom subtitles position, color, font, transparency,... Supported subtitle formats: MicroDVD, SubViewer, SubRip, MPL2, VobSub... Support for dual subtitles – two different subtitles displayed simultaneously
- Fully skinnable – Any shape, transparent skins...
- Resizable and borderless movie window, fullscreen, dual display playback (tv + lcd, lcd + lcd)
- Multilingual user interface
- YouTube playback and save support – you can playback any YouTube video directly by pasting its URL into BS.Player and save it to your drive as a .flv (Flash) video file. Playback of HD and HQ YouTube videos is available only in PRO version.
- Command line support
- Pan-scan and custom pan-scan option
- Custom aspect ratios
- Playlist support
- Resolution changing
- Frame capture (screenshot to harddrive) with customizable filename format
- AVI files with more than 2 audio streams supported (multilanguage)
- Support for OGM files, including more than two audio/video tracks, supports embedded subtitles/chapters
- External audio file supported
- External chapter file supported
- S/PDIF output supported for AC3 files (with Intervideo audio decoder)
- support for INI files
- Remote control support via WinLIRC(wireless, IR and Bluetooth devices)
- Chapter support (DVD and avi/mpg auto generate thumbnails, but the free version does not have DVD support)
- full support for local install of codecs on Windows 7 OS
- Simple equalizer (DirectX 8 required)
- Playback rate (½×, 1×, 2×) and custom playback speed
- Support for 3rd-party plugins (Winamp and others)
- Integrated codec manager (internet connection required to check for newer versions)
- Playback of AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) format used in digital tapeless camcorders. BS.Player can playback any AVCHD files created by Canon, JVC, Panasonic, and Sony digital tapeless camcorders.
- Automatic online subtitle search and download (subtitles are cached in temporary folder)
- New subtitle parser/renderer, with improved support for more features of SSA/ASS
Additional features of BS.Player PRO
- DVD support 3rd party (MPEG-2 codecs required)
- Video playback of HD and HQ (High quality) YouTube streaming videos
- Option to save YouTube streaming video to local disk as .flv file
- Customizable Equalizer
- Support for Capture and Tuner devices
- Capture Video from capture device to file
- Integrated subtitle editor
- Network file buffering
- Support for Flash playback
- Improved subtitles
- Improved VMR9 support
- Technical e-mail support
- Free one year subscription to all upgrades
- No text "Only for non-commercial use" shown at video start
- Option for load of external audio file
- Option to choose playback seek behavior
- Support for UTF-8 language files
- BS.Player Web Site
- Official BS.Player forum
- BS.Player skins
- BS.Player SkinMaker
- BS.Player Skin documentation