MyWikiBiz, Author Your Legacy — Monday February 06, 2023Jump to navigationJump to search
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">"The NRA is the enabler of mass murderers"
</a>SalonBecause of the NRA, we've lost 10,000 people last year unnecessarily. It's time we went to war,” he said. “And you have to say the National Rifle Association is the enabler of mass murderers. And we've got to stomp on them instead of kowtowing to them ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Schieffer: NRA the lobby most feared by Congress
</a>CBS News(CBS News) The issue of gun control was barely mentioned during the presidential campaign. But is it possible that the Connecticut elementary school shooting could alter the political equation in Washington and prompt the first serious debate on guns ...
" alt="" />Image Not Available
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">What's On Sunday - NYTimes.com
</a>New York Times9 P.M. (VH1) VH1 DIVAS 2012 Ciara, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland, Jordin Sparks, Kelly Clarkson, Melanie Fiona, Metric, Pitbull, Natasha Bedingfield, Keri Hilson, Ledisi, Iggy Azalea and Bootsy Collins pay tribute to divas of dance music, ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">What's On Sunday - NYTimes.com - The New York Times
</a>New York TimesWriting in The New York Times, A. O. Scott said that “Mr. Grant, leaning on his mumbling charm until it turns into its opposite, is an ideal cad.” Like “High Fidelity,” another of Mr. Hornby's works, “ 'About a Boy' finds redemption in a stale, gooey ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">School shooting triggers 'mind battle' for Columbine victims
</a>CNNWatch CNN's LIVE TV coverage of the Connecticut elementary school shooting as the story continues to unfold. (CNN) -- When she heard about Friday's mass killing at a Connecticut elementary school, Kacey Johnson felt her own trauma reawaken.
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Columbine survivors offer their support after Newtown tragedy
</a>Fox 31 KDVR.comThirteen years after a shooting at Columbine High School, survivors of the 1999 attack are offering words of support to the families and survivors of Friday's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. “I really hope the good ...
" alt="" />Image Not Available
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">A Google-a-Day Puzzle for Dec. 16
</a>WiredOur good friends at Google run a daily puzzle challenge and asked us to help get them out to the geeky masses. Each day's puzzle will task your googling skills a little more, leading you to Google mastery. Each morning at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time you'll ...
" alt="" />Image Not Available
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Newton brings down Eagles
</a>Covington NewsThe Newton Rams shut down Eastside Saturday, handing its cross-town rivals its first loss of the season and proving they are one of the state's better defensive teams. Newton completely slowed down the usually fast-shooting Eagles, topping the visitors ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Newton sweeps Eastside in hoops doubleheader
</a>Rockdale CitizenCOVINGTON -- The Newton boys defense shut down Eastside's high-scoring offense while the Lady Rams were able to get out of their own way in the first game of a doubleheader to sweep their cross-town rival. The Rams held Eastside, which had been ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Eddie Redmayne, the Talk of the Town
</a>New York Times“Les Misérables,” starring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway, doesn't arrive in theaters until Christmas Day. But Universal Pictures has been holding a blitz of buzz-building screenings across the country, and the resulting chatter — particularly among ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">UK actor lands Les Mis role after recording song on iPhone - iPad/iPhone ...
</a>Macworld UKBritish actor Eddie Redmayne landed the role of Marius in 'Les Misérables' after a recording he made on his iPhone of himself singing 'Empty Chairs and Empty Tables' was sent to the producer of the upcoming film. Redmayne told the Wall Street Journal ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Wambach scores twice, US women beat China 4-1
</a>NBCNews.comMegan Rapinoe and Sydney Leroux also scored for the Olympic champion Americans in their third consecutive match against China in the finale of a 10-game Fan Tribute Tour. The U.S. ran its unbeaten streak to 23. The United States opened the scoring on ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Wambach scores twice as U.S. women beat China
</a>USA TODAYMegan Rapinoe and Sydney Leroux also scored for the Olympic champion Americans in their third consecutive match against China in the finale of a 10-game Fan Tribute tour. The U.S. finished 8-0-2 in the post-Olympic exhibition games and ran its unbeaten ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Strong earthquake strikes off California coast: USGS - NY Daily News
</a>New York Daily NewsA 6.3 magnitude earthquake struck early Friday off the coast of California, the U.S. Geological Survey reported on Friday. The trembler centered about 88 miles off the southwest coast of California — near San Diego. Residents in Long Beach, Newport ...
<a href="http://news.lalate.com/2012/12/15/california-earthquake-today-2012-strikes-outside-los-angeles-san-diego/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">California Earthquake Today 2012 Strikes Outside Los Angeles, San Diego</a>LALATELOS ANGELES (LALATE) – A moderate California earthquake today 2012 has struck outside Los Angeles and San Dieog. The Calif
- 1799, George Washington, died at his Mount Vernon, Virginia., home at age 67
- 1911, Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen became the first man to reach the South Pole, beating out an expedition led by Robert F. Scott
- 1939, the Soviet Union was dropped from the League of Nations
- 1945, Josef Kramer, ym"sh, known as "the beast of Belsen," and 10 others were hanged in Hameln for crimes committed at the Belsen and Auschwitz Nazi concentration camps
- 1946, the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish U.N. headquarters in New York
- 1962, the U.S. space probe Mariner 2 approached Venus, transmitting information about the planet
- 1967, first time DNA created in a test tube
- 1975, six South Moluccan extremists surrendered after holding 23 hostages for 12 days on a train near the Dutch town of Beilen
- 1981, Israel annexed the Golan Heights, which it won in a defensive war against Syria in 1967
- 1986, the experimental aircraft Voyager, piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager, took off from Edwards Air Force Base in California on the first nonstop, non-refueled flight around the world
- 1988, America agreed to talk to PLO (the first time in 13 years)
- 1990, Right to Die case permits Nancy Cruzan to have her feeding tube removed; she dies 12 days later
- 1995, Presidents Alija Izetbegovic of Bosnia, Slobodan Milosevic of Serbia and Franjo Tudjman of Croatia signed the Bosnian peace treaty in Paris. ALSO: AIDS patient Jeff Getty received the first-ever bone-marrow transplant from a baboon (however, the experimental procedure at a San Francisco hospital was criticized by animal rights activists. The transplant failed, but Getty survived)
- 2000, President-elect George W. Bush conferred by phone with congressional leaders of both parties and planned a goodwill tour of Washington, D.C.; he also received a flood of congratulatory calls from world leaders on his first full day as president-elect. ALSO: U.S. businessman Edward Pope was pardoned and released by Russia after being convicted of espionage. The Federal Trade Commission unanimously approved the $111 billion merger of America Online and Time Warner.
- 2006, a British police inquiry concluded that the deaths of Princess Diana and her boyfriend in a 1997 Paris car crash were a "tragic accident" and that allegations of murder were unfounded
Articles including December 14 as a keyword