Colorado is a state of the west-central United States. It was admitted as the 38th state in 1876. First explored by the Spanish in the 16th and 17th centuries, the region was added to the United States through the Louisiana Purchase (1803) and a cession by Mexico (1848). The Colorado Territory was organized in 1861. Denver is the capital and the largest city. Population: 4,660,000.
- Nickname: Centennial State
- Motto: Nil Sine Numine (Nothing without Providence)
- State Bird: Lark Bunting
- State Flower: Rocky Mountain Columbine (aquilegia caerules)
- State Tree: Colorado Blue Spruce (picea pungens)
- State Song: Where the Columbines Grow
<adsense> google_ad_client = "pub-5512298628457000"; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; google_ad_format = "728x90_as"; google_ad_type = "text_image"; google_ad_channel = ""; google_color_border = "FFFFFF"; google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; google_color_link = "0066CC"; google_color_text = "000000"; google_color_url = "008000"; </adsense>