" alt="" />Image Not Available
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">A Handy 2013 Calendar For Gamers
</a>KotakuStart flipping open those cute puppy calendars your parents bought you, and pull out your Sharpies, because it's time to get down to the temporal nitty gritty on entertainment in 2013. We've got a ton of (hopefully) great, big games, movies, and more ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">American Horror Story: Asylum "The Name Game" Review: Dance the Pain ...
</a>TV.com (blog)Fortunately we're back to the January grind because this week we received the best holiday present of all: "The Name Game," certainly one of American Horror Story's best ever episodes, but in my opinion also one of the best episodes of any television ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">'American Horror Story': Lily Rabe on Sister Mary Eunice's pivotal episode and ...
</a>Entertainment WeeklyLily Rabe gave a tour-de-force performance this season on American Horror Story: Asylum as Sister Mary Eunice, a simple nun possessed by the devil. Funny and frightening, Mary Eunice sadly said goodbye last night after being thrown off the asylum ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Watchdogs to IRS: Reject Rove Group's Tax Application
</a>ProPublicaTwo watchdog groups are calling on the IRS to reject Crossroads GPS' request to be recognized as a social welfare nonprofit. Democracy 21 and the Campaign Legal Center, nonpartisan outfits that favor tighter campaign finance regulations, wrote a letter ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">IRS Could Deny Crossroads GPS Tax-Exempt Status
</a>Independent Voter NetworkIn a letter drafted by Executive Director of the Campaign Legal Center, J. Gerald Herbert, and President of Democracy 21, Fred Wertheimer, the two cited an investigation led by ProPublica, meaning the IRS could deny Crossroads GPS tax-exempt status as ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Patti Page Remembered As The Biggest Female Singer Of 1950s
</a>NPRSIEGEL: "Tennessee Waltz" sung by Patti Page sold 10 million copies, and that was just one of her 15 gold records. Patti Page died on New Year's Day at age 85 in California. She is remembered as the biggest female singing star of the 1950s and in the ...
<a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57561785/patti-page-remembered-by-george-jones-charlie-daniels/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Patti Page remembered by George Jones, Charlie Daniels</a>CBS NewsJones remembered Page in an email to The Associated Press: "I just loved singing with Patti and she hit notes I never dreamed of. We
January 2 in history:
- 1492, Muhammad XI, the sultan of Granada, the last Arab stronghold in Spain, surrendered to Spanish forces
- 1757, the United Kingdom captures Calcutta, India
- 1793, Russia and Prussia partition Poland
- 1882, John D. Rockefeller unites his oil holdings into the Standard Oil trust
- 1893, Webb C. Ball of the General Railroad Timepiece Standards in North America introduces railroad chronometers
- 1900, Secretary of State John Hay announced the "Open Door Policy" to facilitate trade with China
- 1905, the Russian garrison surrenders at Port Arthur, China
- 1923, U.S. Interior Secretary Albert Fall resigns over the Teapot Dome scandal
- 1929, Canada and the United States agree on a plan to preserve Niagara Falls
- 1935, Bruno Hauptmann goes on trial for the murder of Charles Lindbergh, Jr., infant son of aviator Charles Lindbergh. (Hauptmann was found guilty, and executed.)
- 1941, during World War II: The U.S. government announces its Liberty ship program to build freighters in support of the war effort
- 1946, unable to resume rule after World War II, King Zog of Albania abdicates but retains his claim to the throne
- 1957, the San Francisco Stock and Bond Exchange and Los Angeles Oil Exchange merge
- 1974, President Richard Nixon signs a bill lowering the maximum US speed limit to 55 MPH in order to conserve gasoline during an OPEC embargo (Federal speed limits were abolished in 1995)
- 2006, a methane gas explosion at the Sago Mine in West Virginia, claimed the lives of 12 miners, but one miner, Randal McCloy Jr., was eventually rescued.