Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Directory:Heroes: Saving Charlie
Saving Charlie is a novel written by Aury Wallington and published by Del Rey Books (ISBN 0345503228). based upon the television series Heroes. It was released 2007-12-26 in the United States. It is 256 pages long and was made with the full co-operation of the show's creators, although its canonicity in relation to the television series has not yet been established.
The novel takes place during the first season, and chronicles the activities of Hiro Nakamura, a young man with the ability to stop time and experience time travel, after he transports himself back in time (as seen in the episode "Six Months Ago") in hopes of saving the life of Charlene "Charlie" Andrews, a waitress with enhanced memory, with whom Hiro has fallen in love, but who is destined to die at the hands of super-powered serial killer, Sylar.
- Hiro Nakamura has ability to stop time and travel through time and space. He has yet to gain control of latter ability. He gets sidetracked from his mission to save the world and goes back in time six months to save Charlie.
- Charlene “Charlie” Andrews has an enhanced memory and is a waitress at the Burnt Toast Diner. She plans to one day travel around the world.
- Lloyd is a cop who regularly comes to the Burnt Toast Diner. He and Charlie have dated in the past and he shows feelings for her and bullies Hiro.
- Lynette is the manager of the Burnt Toast Diner.
- Mr. Roitz is the landlord of Hiro's apartment.
- PJ is an employee at a comic bookstore at the mall. Hiro can't talk to Ando without breaking the space time continuum, so he makes friends with PJ.
- Ando Masahashi is Hiro's best friend that works with him at Yamagato Industiries.
- Kaito Nakamura is Hiro's dad, the focus of many flashbacks. He and Hiro are very different and usually avoid each other but Hiro finds they have more in common than he thinks.
- Kimiko Nakamura is Hiro's sister who also appears in flashbacks.
- Sylar referred to as The Brain Man: a serial killer that takes people's abilities by cutting their head open.