" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">North Korea vows end to nonaggression pacts after UN vote
</a>CNN(CNN) -- North Korea on Friday responded to tougher sanctions from the U.N. Security Council with another barrage of vitriol, repeating a vow to ditch all nonaggression pacts with the South. A day after the isolated regime in Pyongyang had threatened a ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">North Korea can't hit America, but South Korea and Japan in range
</a>ReutersIn pure numbers, North Korea's military looks formidable, much larger than the more affluent South in both personnel and equipment. The North's 1.2 million soldiers face off against 640,000 South Korean troops who are backed up by 26,000 U.S. personnel ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">The Wolfpack Is Back in 'The Hangover 3' Trailer
</a>MashableBless the comedy gods, because the wolfpack is back and up to more hilarious antics in The Hangover 3. The official trailer, which dropped Thursday, features the boys out of Thailand — the setting for the second movie — and returning to their ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">'Hangover 3' trailer sees a giraffe come to a bad end
</a>NBCNews.com (blog)By Cody Delistraty, NBCNews.com contributor. Not even Hollywood insiders could've predicted the success of the low-budget, boys-go-to-Vegas themed “Hangover” movie series. The 2009 original went on to snag a Golden Globe, launch Bradley Cooper ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Michael Jordan marriage: He and Yvette Prieto take another step
</a>Los Angeles TimesMichael Jordan once gave up basketball and then came back. Now, he's coming back to married life too. The NBA legend and his fiancee, Yvette Prieto, went to the Palm Beach County, Fla., courthouse Thursday to apply for a marriage license, according to ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Michael Jordan and girlfriend Yvette Prieto take steps to marry, 'Hangover 3 ...
</a>Plain DealerMichael Jordan, Yvette Prieto Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan, right, sits with his fiancee Yvette Prieto, left, during the first half of an NBA basketball game between the Charlotte Bobcats and the Cleveland Cavaliers in Charlotte, N.C., in ...
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">What is International Women's Day?
</a>Christian Science MonitorAfter more than 100 years, International Women's Day draws millions to commemorate the advancements made in human rights and to discuss the challenges women continue to face in politics, education, employment, and other areas of daily life. Skip to ...
<a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/interactive/2013/mar/08/international-womens-day-voices-world-interactive" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">International women's day: voices from around the world – interactive</a>The GuardianInternational women's day: voices from around the world – interactive. What does ending gender-based violence mean to people around the
March 7 in history:
- 2001: One of Israel's most controversial military and political figures, Ariel Sharon took office as prime minister of a coalition government.
- 1975: The U.S. Senate changed its cloture rule, requiring a vote of three-fifths of the total membership (60 of the 100 senators) to end a filibuster.
- 1965: During the civil rights movement, more than 500 protesters setting out on a march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, were assaulted and beaten by Alabama state troopers.
- 1945: J. Lawton Collins, led the U.S. Army's VII corps across the Rhine to enter Germany at Remagen near the end of World War II.
- 1876: The basic patent for the telephone was granted to Alexander Graham Bell.
- 1862: The Battle of Pea Ridge, during the U.S. Civil War, began in the northwestern corner of Arkansas.
- 1850: Sen. Daniel Webster gave his famous speech calling for a compromise to save the Union ("I wish to speak today, not as a Massachusetts man, not as a Union man, but as an American. . . .)", and his words helped shape the five laws known as the Compromise of 1850.