Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Queens, New York City, NY
|Occupation||Hedge fund manager and CEO|
Lawrence R. Goldfarb (born November 21, 1958 in Queens, New York City, NY) is an American hedge fund manager and CEO and founding partner of the LRG Capital Group, and co-founder and board member of AutismAid. Goldfarb also owns LRG Racing, which competed in the American Federation of Motorcyclists. Additionally, he is the founder of the Lawrence Goldfarb Judicial Reform Foundation and Criminal Justice Partners.
Goldfarb grew up in the New York City boroughs outside Manhattan and attended Forest Hills High School. Following high school he attended George Washington University and earned a B.A. in International Economics, and graduated in 1981.
Goldfarb began his career as an attorney for Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and subsequently became an attorney with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, where he specialized in financings, mergers and recapitalizations. Afterwards, Goldfarb moved to San Francisco, California and joined Credit Suisse First Boston Corporation as a Partner and Director of the Mergers and Acquisitions Group.
In 1998, he formed BayStar Capital Management, LLC, a vehicle in which he could fund growth oriented, small capitalization, and publicly traded companies. Through Baystar, Goldfarb funded and invested in a variety of companies such as World Online and XM Satellite Radio. Goldfarb was well known for being one of the most foremost investors and experts in equity Private investment in public equity, also known as PIPEs.
In 2005, he founded LRG Capital Group in California where he served as CEO until July 2011 when he announced his retirement from active management of the company to focus on philanthropic activities.
Goldfarb currently serves as a board member and West Coast Director of AutismAid, an organization dedicated to assisting and fundraising for other autism non-profit organizations. Goldfarb also founded the Judicial Reform Foundation and Criminal Justice Partners.
Lawrence Goldfarb helped launch the Joe Toucan Diabetes Project. The project employs a Joe Toucan doll, books, and an array of other products to help fund research and education into pediatric diabetes. Goldfarb is active in several Bay-Area charities.
Goldfarb has dedicated his philanthropy to autism and diabetes. In 2010, Goldfarb was awarded The American Diabetes Association's Father of the Year Award. Additionally, he has served on the boards of various non-profits and organizations.
- ^ "Lawrence "Larry" Goldfarb & Tim Welsh Create AutismAid to Unify and Support the Autism Community", The Tommy Foundation. Retrieved on 29 April 2012.
- ^ Judicial Reform Foundation
- ^ "Georgetown Law - Classmates Search", Georgetown University Law Center. Retrieved on 16 April 2012.
- ^ "Alumni Affairs: 1984 Facebook", Georgetown University Law Center. Retrieved on 16 April 2012.
- ^ "XM Radio Announces $450 Million Financing Package", XM Satellite Radio. Retrieved on 9 May 2012.
- ^ "XM RADIO CLOSES $475 MILLION FINANCING PACKAGE", XM Satellite Radio. Retrieved on 9 May 2012.
- ^ "BayStar Capital Featured in Private Equity Week Article", Private Equity Week. Retrieved on 9 May 2012.
- ^ "Lawrence Goldfarb Contributes Chapter to New Bloomberg Press PIPEs Book", LRG Capital Group. Retrieved on 9 May 2012.
- ^ "LRG Capital Group Founder and CEO Lawrence Goldfarb Retires From the Company to Focus on Philanthropic Foundation and Other Interests", LRG Capital. Retrieved on 13 January 2012.
- ^ "About Us", AutismAid. Retrieved on 29 April 2012.
- ^ Pressey, Debra. "Organizers plan to raise money for community autism agencies", The News-Gazette. Retrieved on 29 April 2012.
- ^ "Larry Goldfarb & Tim Welsh Create AutismAid", MarketWire. Retrieved on 13 March 2012.
- ^ Naymz - Lawrence Goldfarb
- ^ LRG Capital CEO named Father of Year
- ^ Lawrence "Larry" Goldfarb Launches Blog to Create Philanthropic Hub for Autism
- ^ "LRG Capital CEO named Father of Year", Marin Scope. Retrieved on 3 April 2012.
- ^ "YTA Staff and Board", Youth Tennis Advantage. Retrieved on 3 April 2012.
- ^ "142 Throckmorton Theatre Announces New Board Members", Mill Valley Patch. Retrieved on 3 April 2012.
- ^ "Marin History Museum Announces New Board Members", San Rafael Patch. Retrieved on 3 April 2012.
- ^ "Company Bios", The Joe Toucan Diabetes Project. Retrieved on 3 April 2012.
- ^ "Larry Goldfarb Elected to the Easter Seals Board of Directors", Easter Seals. Retrieved on 3 April 2012.