Help talk:Help desk
Editing a page name
Hi, I created a directory listing and I would like to edit the title. How is that possible? The listing entry is "PEC - Plastic Equipment Co., Vancouver BC" and I would like to delete the Vancouver BC part. Tnx!
- This request was completed on October 6, 2009.
Hello, I authored a directory page and would like to add another user to the editor list. Is that possible? Christieag 19:51, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, our current software is not "smart" enough to do that. Two suggested work-arounds, though, are:
- 1) Share the password to your own account with those you trust to use it appropriately.
- 2) Recommend that other editors make copies, edits, and modifications on the Directory page's discussion page (open to all editors). Then, you can adopt and copy over the content that you wish to include in the main Directory page.
- I know these are disappointing, in that they each have their disadvantages, but such is the price we pay for not having a full-time code developer on hand. Maybe when we get to 10,000 page-views per day. (Currently at about 1,800.) -- MyWikiBiz 18:46, 1 September 2010 (UTC)