Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Free lunch and Wikipedia
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
= A enciclopédia livre; or
= A enciclopédia grátis or gratuita?
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Free above is linked to free content
- Free content, or free information, is any kind of functional work, artwork, or other creative content having no significant legal restriction relative to people's freedom to use, distribute copies, modify, and to distribute derived works of the content. It is distinct from open content in that it can be modified, whereas one might not have that ability with content that is simply "open" and not "free".
- What is free content?
- [...] for WikiEducators - free refers to the liberty to adapt, modify and use content without restriction. The fact that no royalties or licensing costs are associated with use of WikiEducator materials [...]
- Freedom as concept
- Gratis versus livre
- The English language does not have an adjective that singularly describes the state of freedom associated with personal liberty. [...] the concept free in the English Language is used as an adjective to refer both to no price (gratis) and freedom (livre - see below).
- However, the Romance languages do distinguish between these concepts giving rise to the gratis versus livre discussions found in the free software community. This is an important distinction when dealing with differences between information (such as educational content) and property (such as a published book using copyright with all rights reserved).
- We should recognize that free works are different from free software, however it is useful to think about these essential freedoms when talking about free works, especially when they are stored in digital formats.
- Definition of Free Cultural Works
- This document defines "Free Cultural Works" as works or expressions which can be freely studied, applied, copied and/or modified, by anyone, for any purpose. It also describes certain permissible restrictions that respect or protect these essential freedoms. The definition distinguishes between free works, and free licenses which can be used to legally protect the status of a free work. The definition itself is not a license; it is a tool to determine whether a work or license should be considered "free."
Human rights Cyberspace Wikimedia Meta-Wiki Wikimedia Meta-Wiki Meta Brazilian Wikipedia Brazilian Wikipedia Portuguese Wikipedia Portuguese Civilized community Civilized Community Wikimedia projects Metaphors Tale Two drivers Legal rights Brotherhood spirit Brotherhood Racism Sexism Disabled Fair and public hearing Fair hearing Public hearing Child pornography Honor and reputation attacks Honor attacks Reputation attacks Freedom of opinion and expression Freedom of opinion Freedom of expression Wikipédia There is no such thing as a free lunch There is no such thing Free lunch Crusaders against education Crusaders Education Quem é Quem Governance Language Portuguese Language Wikimedia Portugal Portugal Wikimedia Brazil Brazil WikiPT list WikiPT Windows Live Messenger Windows Live Messenger Wikimedia Foundation Mailing List Foundation Mailing List Mailing List Foundation list Foundation-l Wikimedia Education Mailing List Education Mailing List Education List Wikimedia Wiktionary Wiktionary Wikimedia Outreach Outreach Wikimedia Commons Commons Wikimedia Who's Who Who's Who