Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
- Name: Sandra Lesley Hill
- Language Group: Nyungar Paternal Wardandi, Minang, Maternal Bellardong & Wilmen-Australia.
- E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2001 - Post Graduate Diploma in Visual Arts, Curtin University
- 1992 - Advanced Diploma in Residential & Community Care. Central TAFE.
- 1981 - Advanced Diploma In Art Studies, Balga TAFE
- 1994/95 CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT FELLOWSHIP -$35,000
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Arts Unit, AUSTRALIA COUNCIL
- 2008 Australian Institute of Landscape Architects-Award of Excellence.
- 2000 Commendation Award,$1,000 City of Perth Invitational Art Award
- 1999 Winner-$1,000 Peel Regional Section, City of Mandurah Art Award
- 1997 Winner Bunbury Biennale Contemporary Art Purchase exhibition
- 1995 Joint Winner - $2,000
- Docks Invitational Art Award, A Shed Gallery, Fremantle
- 1995 Winner-Aboriginal Artist Section - $500
- Hills Art Award, Kalamunda Shopping Centre, Kalamunda.
- 2003 - THE BANFF CENTRE FOR THE ARTS, ALBERTA CANADA.
Canada: Aboriginal Thematic Residency-Communion & other Conversations; Colonialism and Christianity. (October 19 – December 5)
- 2001 – THE WESTERN AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS WORKSHOP:
Triangle Workshop, 22 International artists: Dingo Flat Farm, Tingledale, Walpole. (January 28 – February 11)
- 2008 “Moordidjabininy (becoming strong) - Celebrating Identity”, Gomboc Gallery, Middle Swan
- 1997 “Triumph of Spirit-an Aboriginal Experience”- Artist in Residence Gallery, Kings Park, Perth
- 1995 “Footprints in Time-a Childhood Experience”- Artist in Residence Gallery, Hay Street, Perth
- 1993 “Sandra Hill” - West Week, Guildford Hotel, Guildford.
- 2010 “Survey 2010” , Bunbury Regional Art Gallery, Bunbury.
- 2009 “Koort Boodja - Noongar Heartland”, University of Western Australia, Perth.
- 2009 “The Legacy of Koorah Coolingah”, Brisbane Powerhouse Museum, Brisbane.
- 2007 “Gomboc Gallery’s 25th Anniversary” Gomboc Gallery, Swanview.
- 2005 “Moorditch Mar-Daa Art Award,” Naidoc Week Art Exhibition, Armadale.
- 2004 “Mine Own Executioner” Mundaring Art Centre, Mundaring.
- 2004 “Nii’kso’kowa” The Other Gallery, The Banff Centre, Alberta , Canada.
- 2004 “Turtle Island” The Other Gallery, The Banff Centre, Alberta, Canada.
- 2003 “South-West Central” -Indigenous Art from South-W.A.1833-2002, W.A. Art Gallery
- 2001 “SOFA 1”, Post Graduate Exhibition, John Curtin Art Gallery, Curtin University.
- 2001 “International Artists Workshop” Exhibition, John Curtin Gallery, Curtin University
- 2000 “City of Perth Invitational Art Award”, Council House, Perth
- 2000 “Joondalup Art Award”, Lakeside Joondalup Centre, Joondalup
- 2000 “Adornment”, (Zonta Club of Perth) Moores Building, Fremantle 2000 “Haynes to O’Conner, West Australians & Water”, Curtin Art Gallery, Bentley
- 1999 “City of Perth Art Award”, Council House, Perth
- 1999 “Aboriginal Artists of the South-West-past & present”, Lawrence Wilson Gallery, UWA
- 1999 “Rebirth”, W.A. Women Celebrating a Century of Change. Moores Building, Fremantle
- 1999 “Generations, The stolen years of fighters & singers”. Lawrence Wilson Gallery, UWA
- 1998 “Aboriginal Artists of the South West-past & present”, (Berndt Collect.) Mandurah Art Gallery
- 1998 “Listen to the Land” , Edith Cowan Uni. Art Coll. Bunbury, Geraldton, Kalgoorlie, Perth
- 1997 “Bunbury Biennale 97”, Bunbury Regional Art Gallery & City of Bunbury
- 1997 “Peeled” Artists from the Peel Region, Mandurah Cultural Centre Gallery
- 1997 “Under the Blue Canopy”, A Shed Gallery, Fremantle
- 1997 “Daughters of the Dreaming-Sisters Together Strong”, Art Gallery of W.A., Perth
- 1996 “National Aboriginal & Islander Heritage Art Award”, Canberra, ACT.
- 1995 “Spirit of Fremantle”, Docks Art Award, A Shed Gallery, Fremantle
- 1995 "Icon, Identity, Artefact-A Passage in Time”, Midland Centennial Art Exhibition, Kalla Yeedip Gallery, Midland.
- 1995 "Landscape as Metaphor”, Claremont School of Art Gallery, Claremont.
- 1995 "Hills Art Award”, Kalamunda Shopping Centre, Kalamunda.
- 1995 “National Aboriginal Art Award”, Darwin Art gallery, Darwin.
- 1994 “NAIDOC Week Aboriginal Art Exhibition” (Curator & exhibitor) Geraldton Regional Art Gallery, Geraldton.
- 1991 “Collaborative Print Exhibition”, Arts House, Northbridge.
- 1990 “Chair Exhibition”, Gallery Arteque, Subiaco.
- 1989 “Earth, Sea, Sky”, 3 Artists, Gallery Arteque, Subiaco.
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Holmes A Court Collection, Claremont School of Art Collection, Edith Cowan University Collection, Berndt Museum of Anthropology Aboriginal Art Collection, Western Australia Museum Collection,
- Queens University Collection of Indigenous Art, Kingston-Ontario, Canada, Royal Archives-The Netherlands, City of Bunbury Collection, The Dutch Consulate, Canberra, Kidman/Cruise Collection, Sydney.
Dr K. Schefczik, Frankfurt, Germany, City of Perth Art Collection, The Sir James Cruthers Foundation, UWA.
- 2009 Yagan’s Memorial Park, City of Swan.
- 2009 Aboriginal Interpretive Centre, Champion Lakes, Armadale.
- 2007-08 District Court Lift Lobby Project, Ministry of Justice, Perth City.
- 2007 Ngunnawal Aboriginal Art Project, Canberra, Chief Ministers Office, Canberra.
- 2006 Ellenbrook Police Station. Collaboration with J.Dawson.
- 2006 Leighton Beach Redevelopment, Collaboration with J.Dawson.
- 2005 Mandurah Community Health Campus, Mandurah. Collaboration with J. Dawson.
- 2005 Moora District Hospital, Moora. Collaboration with J. Dawson & P. Zuvela.
- 2005 Ferrara Park, Girrawheen. Floor Mosaic, City of Wanneroo with J. Dawson.
- 2004 Edith Cowan University, Indigenous Centre Mosaic. Collaboration with J. Dawson.
- 2003 Mount Pleasant Primary School, Melville. Collaboration with J. Dawson.
- 2003 Melville Primary School, Melville. Collaboration with J. Dawson.
- 2003-2004 Djidi-Djidi Primary School, Bunbury. Collaboration with J. Dawson. Koongamia Primary School, Kooongamia. Collaboration with J. Dawson.
- 2001-2003 Roe Highway public Art Project-Noise-wall Murals and freestanding artworks
- 2000 Community Tile Artwork, Entry wall-Sevenoaks Senior College, Cannington.
- 2000 Fremantle Justice Complex Reconciliation Pavement, Percent for Art
- 2000 Grigg Park Community Tile Project, collaboration J. Dawson, City of Fremantle
- 2000 Logo/stationary design for Coalition of Noongar Organisations, Queens Park
- 2000 Two hand made pavement mosaics, East Perth Redevelopment Project.
- 1999 Hand made tiled mosaic pavement, Mandurah Heritage Art Walk.
- 1999 Floor Design for Aboriginal Music School, Clontarf College, Manning
- 1999 Poster Design, Catholic Education Commission
- 1999 Hand made tiled artworks, Atwell Primary School, Atwell, Perth
- 1998 Hand Made tiled Art Works, Napoleon Close, Cottesloe
- 1998 Graham Farmer Freeway Art Project, East Perth Redevelopment, Belmont/Rivervale.
- 1998 Tiled Wall Mural, Perth Aboriginal Medical Service, East Perth (Derbarl Yerrigan)
- 1998 Main Foyer Floor Design, Perth Aboriginal Medical Service, East Perth.
- 1998 Tiled Wall Mural, Leadlight Window Designs, Peel Health Campus, Mandurah.
- 1997 Tiled Wall Mural, Banksia Hill Juvenile Detention centre, Canning Vale Percent for Art Scheme, Ministry of Justice.
- 1997 Mosaic Tiled Pavement Design, Aboriginal Heritage of Subiaco, Subiaco City Council, Rotary Club Commission, Rokerby Road, Subiaco.
- 1997 Leadlight Glass Window Design (Aboriginal Heritage), Peel Discovery Centre Mandurah Terrace, Peel Development Commission.
- 1997 Commemorative Map of De Vlamings visit to the WA coast, City of Fremantle, DOLA and other Local Governments.
- 1996 Mosaic Tile Design, Fabrication & Installation, (Bibbulmun Dreaming Story)
- 1996 Victoria Gardens-collaborative project with two non-Aboriginal Artists.
- 1996 Commissioned by East Perth Redevelopment Authority.
- 1995 Report Cover- “No Better Than Anyone Else” Discussion Paper, the role of churches & related organisations in the removal & institutionalisation of Aboriginal children, Anglican Social justice Commission.
- 1996 Western Australian Municipal Association - Aboriginal Services, Doc. Cover
- 1994 Mosaic Tile Design- Victoria Park Community Library Front Entrance.
- 1992 Poster Design- Joondalup Rail Link, Dept, for the Arts, Transperth Art prog..
- 2008 Cultural awareness Workshop. Art Gallery of WA & National Gallery of Australia staff & Guides.
- 2006 Research, Leighton Beach Project. Ngoongar Cultural Report on site.
- 2006 Lecturer (part time)- Aboriginal Art, Katanning Campus of TAFE.
- 2006 Two day Artist Workshops (Indigenous) for Artsource ( Katanning- February)
- 2005 Two day Artist workshops for Artsource (Indigenous) (Kalgoorlie, Brookton)
- 2004 Artist in Residence, (p/time 6 months) Claytonview Primary School, Koongamia
- 2004 Lecturer Indigenous Culture . (Part time), Edith Cowan University, Mount Lawley Campus.
- 2002 Judge, Shell Fremantle Print Award. Fremantle Arts Centre, Fremantle
- 1999- 2004 Director & Lecturer, Contemporary Aboriginal Arts Program, Curtin Uni. School of Art
- 1998 Co-ordinator & Co-Curator, exhibition “Aboriginal Artists of the South West - Past & Present”
- 1998 Art from the Berndt Museum, Mandurah Art Gallery, Mandurah Performing Arts Centre.
- 1998 Fremantle Prison Commemorative Memorial Project (research) (part Time)
- 1998 Co-ordinator, Fish Mungah Aboriginal Cultural Arts Festival, Mandurah.
- 1998 Lecturer, (p/time) Aboriginal Diploma in Art Medina TAFE, Drawing, Design.
- 1996-97 Co-ordinator, Fish Mungah Aboriginal Cultural Arts Festival, Mandurah.
- 1994 Aboriginal Arts officer, Geraldton Regional community Education, Geraldton.
- 1990-93 Art Teacher, Longmore Remand Centre (Art Program), Juvenile Justice, Bentley.
- 1984-87 Arts Lecturer (Printmaking), Midland TAFE, Midland.
- Former Member - Western Australian Museum Aboriginal Advisory Committee.
- Former Board Member- Berndt Museum of Anthropology, University of W.A.
- Former Board Member- Challenger TAFE.
- Former Board Member- John Curtin Gallery, Curtin University.