Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
For 25 years Rimrock Automation, formerly ABB Flexible Automation, has provided expert robotic integration solutions for material removal, machine tending, and material handling applications. Recently combined with Rimrock Corporation, they have become the largest general manufacturing integrator in North America providing expert robotic solutions. Together Rimrock's three locations have installed over 7,500 robots. Rimrock’s robot integration capabilities include the design, manufacture, & installation of ABB, KUKA, & Gudel based robotic systems.
|Slogan||Experts in Robotic Integration|
|Founder||ABB - Flexible Automation|
|Headquarters||Template:Country data US [[City:=New Berlin|New Berlin]], [[State_Name:=Wisconsin|Wisconsin]], [[Country_Name:=United States|USA]]|
|Key people||[[Key_Person1:=Dave Dulak|Dave Dulak]], Marketing
|Industry||[[NAICS_Code1_Title:=Engineering Services|Engineering Services]]|
|Contact||2865 S Calhoun Rd
New Berlin, WI 53151
Region: [[Region1:=Milwaukee County|Milwaukee]]
- 1 Robot Automation Products
- 2 Robot Automation Services
- 3 Locations & Contact Information
Robot Automation Products
- RoboRouter-Robotic systems predesigned specifically for automation of routing, cutting, & trimming operations on composite or plastic parts.
- RoboRouter 100- Pre-Engineered robotic routing system for medium to high volume part families in sizes up to 4' X 4' X 3'.
- RoboRouter 200-Pre-Engineered robotic trimming & routing system for medium to high volume part families in sizes up to 8' x 5' x 8' with stationary robot mount or 8' x 5' x 45' when using the optional robot track.
- TrimWare HMI-Comprehensive operator interface package for robot automated cutting, trimming, and routing.
- RMT (Robotic Machine Tending System)- Rimrock's pre-engineered robotic machine tending system is designed to automate tending of 1 to 3 machine tools & can incorporate a variety of secondary processing equipment modules such as a part washer or inspection station.
- CellWare HMI-Comprehensive operator interface package for robotic machine tending applications.
- RoboFinisher-Robotic systems predesigned specifically for automation of polishing, buffing, & finishing operations on metal parts.
- RoboFinisher 100- Complete robotic solution for buffing & polishing metal parts. It is designed to accommodate a wide variation of parts in sizes up to 12" x 18" x 30".
- RoboFinisher 200- Pre-engineered robotic finishing system for parts with process intensive polishing, finishing, & buffing operations.
- Compliant Finishing Machines-The CFM product line is constructed to finish metal parts in sizes from a few inches up to 12" x 18" x 30", and can accommodate up to 4 operations using a single machine.
- FinishWare HMI-Touch screen interface for robotic finishing systems with production reporting & process adjustment controls.
Robot Automation Services
Robot Service, Training, & Consulting
Rimrock’s service department has a comprehensive robot service, training, & consulting program. Over 25 field technicians are available to assist with service & integration of robots, systems, and Rimrock automation equipment. Rimrock services ABB, Fanuc, Gudel, KUKA, & Motoman robot systems. Click on a link below to learn more about Rimrock’s robot service, training, or consulting offerings.
- Industrial Robot Repair, Maintenance, & Service
- Industrial Robot Programming
- Industrial Robot Safety Training & Consulting
- Industrial Robot Training
Robotic Applications - System Design & Integration
Rimrock's Material Removal experience includes metals, plastics, and composite materials. Pre-engineered product lines are available for finishing, sawing, and routing. Rimrock has a variety of predesigned options for part infeed, outfeed, and handling. Our systems are designed to meet your process requirements with a quick return on investment. Click on a link below to learn more about a specific robotic material removal application.
Rimrock's material handling automation improves the efficiency of manufacturing processes. Rimrock's automation exceeds human limitations of speed, reliability, and strength. The return on investment of Rimrock's solutions is outstanding when handling medium to high volume part families. Rimrock's solutions can use multiple part grippers or vision systems, and are ideal for handling large or unusual part shapes.
- Conveyor Loading
- Large Part Handling
- Machine Tending/Loading
- Multiple Part Handling
- Part Transfer
Automated machine tending has improved the profitability and competitive advantage of thousands of manufacturers. For over 25 years, Rimrock's machine tending solutions have increased throughput, lowered inventories, and reduced rework - fostering lean manufacturing. Rimrock uses proprietary products, vision systems, gantries, and robotics to provide machine tending solutions.
- Boring & Drilling Machines
- Gear Cutting Machines
- Grinding & Polishing Machines
- Machine Tools & Special Machines
- Milling Machines
- Other Metal Cutting Machines
- Other Metal Forming Machines
- Punching, Shearing, Bending, & Forming Machines
- Station-Type Machines
- Threading or Tapping Machines
- Vertical & Horizontal Machining Centers
- Vertical & Horizontal Lathes (Turning Machines)
Rimrock, an integrator of machine vision systems since 1986, is a forerunner in the application of vision for manufacturing. Rimrock designs for the harshest environments, and has successfully dealt with vision difficulties such as vibration, low lighting, small part variations, & high speed manufacturing.
- One-dimensional measurement in a fixed location
- Imaging mass conveyed parts
- Presence sensing & part verification
- Gauging & measuring
- Part orientation & sorting
- Pick & place systems
- Layered dunnage or part picking
- Machine tending
- Part inspection & flaw detection
- 3D welding
- Material removal
- Material handling
Robotic Spot Welding systems from Rimrock provide the lowest cost per part solution. The high robot mean time between failure combined with Rimrock’s robust cabling solutions & weld gun tooling optimize your Manufacturing uptime. Rimrock’s spot welding solutions are ideal when product requirements call for precision, quality, & speed beyond human limitations.