Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
- 1 pound boneless chicken (or pork or steak)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces small mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 scallions, chopped diagonally
- boiled rice, to serve
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- few drops of tabasco sauce
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
1. Trim the meat and cut into thin strips about 1/2 x 2 inch.
2. Make the marinade. In a bowl, blend the cornstarch with the rice wine or dry sherry, then stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, Tabasco sauce, ginger and garlic. Stir in the strips, cover and leave in a cool place for 3-4 hours.
3. Place the sesame seeds in a wok or large frying pan and dry-fry over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until the seeds are golden. Set aside.
4. Heat the sesame and vegetable oils in the wok or frying pan. Drain the meat, reserving the marinade, and stir- fry a few pieces at a time until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon.
5. Add the mushrooms and green pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the scallions and 1 minute more.
6. Return the meat to the wok or frying pan, together with the reserved marinade, and stir over a moderate heat for a further 2 minutes, or until the ingredients are evenly coated with glaze. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve immediately with boiled rice.
<sharethis /> KJ Kitchens