Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/4 cup Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 small dried red chilies
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken in marinade and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
3. Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add chilies and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove chicken and chilies from wok.
4. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add celery, bell pepper, and bamboo shoots; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
5. Return chicken and chilies to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add peanuts and stir to coat.
<sharethis /> KJ Kitchens