Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Grilled Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 cup boiling water
- 5 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 4-1/2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 16-oz. loaf pound cake, cut into 16 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Place cherries in medium bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over cherries; let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Mix cherries and 1 Tbsp. brandy in small bowl. Place ice cream in large bowl; mix in cherries, semisweet chocolate and pecans; cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
Prepare barbecue grill; heat to medium. Brush both sides of each cake slice with melted butter. Grill slices until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Place 2 slices of cake on each dessert plate. Place 1 scoop ice cream on top of cake slices.
Drizzle 1-1/2 tsp. brandy over each serving.
<sharethis /> KJ Kitchens