Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine or sherry
- 4 green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (about 6 medium cloves)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- hot cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili paste (sambal oelek) or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Place chicken breasts in freezer for 1 to 2 hours or until very firm but not frozen solid. Slice crosswise into thin shreds. In small bowl, lightly beat egg white, then mix in 1 TBS cornstach and 1 TBS wine, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Add chicken and mix well to coat all pieces. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice green onions on the diagonal into very thin slices. Mince gingerroot and garlic. Combine Sauce ingredients, mixing well. Heat wok or frying pan, add oil, and stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon. Add onions, ginger and garlic to wok and stir-fry about 30 seconds, until ginger and garlic are fragrant but not brown. Return chicken to wok, restir sauce ingredients and add to wok. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is well combined, hot and bubbly and thickens slightly. Turn off heat and splash with about 1 tsp of dark sesame oil. Serve over rice.
<sharethis /> KJ Kitchens