Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Fried Won Tons
- 1 lb. won ton skins
- 1/2 lb. fresh ground pork
- 1/2 lb. fresh prawns
- 4 dried mushrooms, soaked for 2 hours
- 8 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 2 small eggs, beaten
- 1/4 ts pepper
- 1 1/2 ts salt
1. Shell and devein prawns. Mince fine. Stem mushrooms and mince caps. Mix with prawns, pork, water chestnuts, green onions, half of the beaten eggs and all of the seasonings.
2. Wrapping: Place won ton squares on working surface so corners face up, down, left and right. Place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each skin.
Dip a little of the beaten egg onto the bottom corner, bring top corner to meet bottom corner. Press to seal. Moisten left corner and bring right corner to meet it. Press to seal. This should give you a little bundle that looks kind of like a nurses hat.
3. Frying: Heat 4 cups oil in wok. Fry wrapped won ton until golden (about 2 minutes). Turn over once. Drain and serve hot.
Yield: About 60 to 70.
<sharethis /> KJ Kitchens