Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Directory:Center for Computational Astrophysics
|Center for Computational Astrophysics|
The pair of near-colliding galaxies NGC 2207 and IC 2163. Cover photograph from “Laboratory Experiments in Physics for Modern Astronomy” (Springer Business+Media).
Hubble Space Telescope photograph, courtesy of NASA/European Space Agency
|Headquarters||Oak Park, Illinois,|
The Center for Computational Astrophysics (CCA) is a research organization in Oak Park, Illinois, whose staff performs research into current areas of astronomy and applications of probability, statistics, and Monte Carlo simulations into other areas of inquiry. With a staff of retired professors from the Chicago area, CCA is the home base for the Near Earth Asteroid Reconnaissance Project, a world-wide network of amateur astronomers and small observatories involved in the discovery and determination of the orbits of near-earth asteroids, or more generally near-earth objects, with possible earth-crossing orbits. Its staff also authors textbooks in astronomy and popularizes issues in astronomy with the media.
CCA coordinates the efforts of a world-wide network of volunteers and performs data reduction and orbital position determination for near-earth objects discovered by the Near Earth Asteroid Reconnaissance Project. Its associates have published papers in game theory, internet traffic,, and random number generators.
- ^ http://triblocal.com/oak-park-river-forest/community/stories/2010/07/dr-les-golden-receives-book-contract-from-springer-publishers/
- ^ (2005) Anderson, Holly, “Day shortened by quake, astronomer calculates,” http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1N1-110D9F0B0030ACF0.html, January 5
- ^ (1997), “Physics sails the world,” UIC News (University of Illinois at Chicago), April 30, p. 2
- ^ Golden, Leslie M. (2011). “An Analysis of the Disadvantage to Players of Multiple Decks in the Game of 21.” The Mathematical Scientist, 32, 2, p. 57-69
- ^ Golden, Les (2011). “Stepping Out With My Baby: The Stepwise Betting Strategy,” Bluff Europe, April, p. 92-93
- ^ Golden, Les; Thompson-Hill, Jeremy; and Theobold, Rick (2008), “Has Online Gaming Reached Saturation Point?,” iGaming Business, March/April, p. 16-17
- ^ Turner, Noah; Golden, Les; and von Bar, Jens (2009). “The Death of the RNG,” iGaming Business, July/August, p. 56-59