Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
BuildDirect is an online manufacturer/wholesaler of flooring and other building materials.
The products are sold online and offline without storefront locations. BuildDirect maintains a head office in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with distribution partners through out the United States.
Jeff Booth and Robert Banks founded BuildDirect in the summer of 1999. Their idea was to implement a series of commercial mechanisms which make it possible for any buyer to purchase building materials in volume quantities directly from global manufacturing centers using the Internet.
Booth and Banks, along with a core staff, began to build relationships with industry leaders and created a network of manufacturing and distribution operations, with an accompanying online platform by which buyers could access the goods.
The company has developed proprietary technology used to coordinate the shipment of goods from the distribution and/or manufacturing center within the network that is closest to the buyer. The technology allows for the display of accurately calculated shipping costs, duty, and other associated costs into an online total.
Achievements, Accolades, and Awards
BuildDirect has garnered accolades from the business community, being honored with:
- In 2007, several BuildDirect products and an appearance by company co-founder Rob Banks was featured on Canada’s top rated Home Improvement program, HGTV’s Holmes on Homes
- The BuildDirect marketing team won an Echo Award for Marketing in 2007
- In 2006, BuildDirect won the Creative Media Award for business media
- In 2006, BuildDirect won British Columbia’s Exporter of the year award under the Professional and Services category
- In 2004, BuildDirect was featured as a prime case study for the then-fledgling Google Analytics
- Profit Magazine’s “Hot 50” second placing in revenue growth nationwide in 2004
“Contractors Can Buy Online” by Michael McCulloch, Vancouver Sun, August 24, 2000.
“Booth, Banks, and Patience”, by Drew Hassleback, Financial Post, February 2001
“Dot-Com Company Standing Tall”, by Chris Miller, Vancouver Courier, November 30, 2001.
Address: 570 Granville St. - Suite 1900
Zip: V6C 3P1
Phone: 604 662-8100
Email: [mailto:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org]
Contact: Rob Woods
Title: Director of Marketing