Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Thomas of Erfurt
Thomas of Erfurt (Thomas Erfordiensis, Thomas de Erfordia, Thomas von Erfurt).
Six works have been attributed to Thomas of Erfurt.
- Tractatus de modis significandi seu Grammatica speculativa (ed. Bursill-Hall 1972),
- Expositio Porphyrii (? Manuscript)
- Expositio super libros Praedicamentorum (? Manuscript)
- Expositio super librum Perihermenias (? Manuscript)
- Expositio VI Principiorum (? Manuscript)
- Commentarius in carmen ‘Fundamentum puerorum’ (ed. Gansiniec 1960), although its editor believes that it is actually an anonymous abridgement of De modis significandi.
Thomas's entire reputation derives from De modis significandi, which remains his only work to have been studied in any detail.