Directory:Tell Me About Senior Health/Alzheimer's Disease/Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's Disease Articles
- Alzheimer's Disease Defined
- Alzheimer's Disease Causes and Risk Factors
- Alzheimer's Disease Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Alzheimer's Disease Treatments and Research
- Alzheimer's Disease Frequently Asked Questions
Alzheimer's Disease Videos
- Cognitive Test for Alzheimer's (4 min 40 sec)
- How Alzheimer's Affects Neurons In The Brain (1 min 48 sec)
- Alzheimer's Disease The Nun Study (4 min 5 sec)
- Diagnosing Alzheimer's Disease (2 min 31 sec)
Alzheimer's Disease: Words to Know
- Dementia: Impaired intellectual function that interferes with normal social and work activities.
- Donepezil hydrochloride (Aricept): A drug approved for use with AD patients that increases brain activity.
- Ginkgo: An herb obtained from the ginkgo tree, thought by some alternative practitioners to be helpful in treating AD patients.
- Neurofibrillary tangle: Twisted masses that develop inside brain cells of people with AD.
- Senile plaque: Deposits that collect inside the brain cells of people with AD.
- Tacrine (Cognex): A drug that may help improve memory in people with mild to moderate cases of Alzheimer's disease.
<adsense> google_ad_client = "pub-5512298628457000"; google_ad_width = 336; google_ad_height = 280; google_ad_format = "336x280_as"; google_ad_type = "text_image"; google_ad_channel = ""; google_color_border = "FFFFFF"; google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; google_color_link = "0066CC"; google_color_text = "000000"; google_color_url = "008000"; </adsense>
The information provided should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
Copyright Information: Public domain information with acknowledgement given to the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Directory:Tell Me About Senior Health Alzheimer's Disease