Quickly add a free MyWikiBiz directory listing!
Bean Sprout Salad
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 pound fresh bean sprouts thoroughly washed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 md scallions -- trimmed & minced
- 1 - 1" cube ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon spicy sesame oil
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Toast the sesame seeds by spreading them over the bottom of a pie tin. Roast for 12-to-16 minutes, stirring often, until they are golden. The seeds can be toasted in advance and stored in an airtight container.
2. Place the bean sprouts in a large heatproof bowl and set it aside. In a medium-size skillet set over moderately low heat, stir-fry the garlic, scallions and ginger in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are limp. Add all the remaining ingredients, increase the heat to moderate, then boil the mixture, uncovered, for 1 minute to slightly reduce the liquid. Pour the boiling dressing over the bean sprouts, toss well, then cover the bowl and chill the salad for several hours. Toss again before serving.
<sharethis /> KJ Kitchens